Marketing Text for SWT 2023
WHAT IS THE SUMMER WORK & TRAVEL USA PROGRAM?
Summer Work and Travel program is a cultural exchange program designed exclusively for students. The program is approved and supported by the US government, allowing students to work in the USA during summer holidays, from June 4th till October 10th. The goal of the program is to gain rich experiences, improve English, get to know the American culture, customs, and the way of life, as well as making new friendships!
ABOUT OUR OFFERS
Our offer includes over 200 locations and 4,000 jobs across the United States, making it the largest job offer in the region. Locations to which we send ONLY students in large groups are: Martha’s Vineyard, Nantucket, Anchorage…
ROLE OF THE ORGANIZING COMPANY
The program is implemented by the organizing companies, i.e., the organizers of the program from the USA, which are approved by the US State Department, the Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs. The role of the organizing companies is to provide all the necessary paperwork and documentation for the participation of candidates in the program and to enable, organize and supervise the implementation of the Summer Work and Travel USA Program. Upon arrival in the United States, the organizing companies provide students with all necessary assistance regarding their work, accommodation, health insurance, and all information related to the program itself.
DOMAGO has the sole role of mediator and cannot act or have any authority over the territory of the United States. The authorized person for the job is the employer – the signatory of the offer to the student, while the organizer of the program is the organizing company from the United States approved by the US State Department, which alone can authorize the student’s participation in the program and is responsible during the student’s stay in the program.
Job fairs and interviews are organized from December till April, through online platforms with your future employers.
Schedule of Skype interviews for Summer 2023: December-April
9 THINGS THAT MAKE US UNIQUE IN THE REGION
Why is our all-inclusive offer the best?
- ONLY with us students pay just $290 before they get a US Visa, in two instalments. The rest of the program fee is paid after students get their Visa’s.
- HEALTH INSURANCE covers the entire duration of the program, from June 4 to October 10, which means that the student is insured throughout his or her stay in the United States.
- Free courses for future jobs in the HORECA industry with professionals from the USA. A course for taking the world-renowned ServSafe course created by the National Restaurant Association of the USA.
- If the student is denied a Visa, we offer full refund.
- In early May 2023, we arrange an orientation and preparation for going to the US for all our students.
- Free specialized English COURSE, which prepares the students for the job interview and Embassy interview.
- We assist in finding accommodation for the jobs that do not involve providing accommodation. The Agency is the ONLY one in the region to provide this kind of service.
- We offer the best locations for work and earnings, full support and detailed preparation for your participation in the program.
- Students can pay for the entire program with a special loan from our partner ERSTE Bank.
UNIQUE OFFER IN THE REGION
All these preparations that only we carry out in the region have proven to be very effective and useful for students because they allow students to better manage their work, find additional work and more easily adapt to cultural differences and spend a more pleasant stay in the US!
TYPES AND DESCRIPTION OF JOBS ON THE PROGRAM
The duties of the host/hostess are managing reservations, welcoming guests, managing seating arrangements, i.e. arranging guests for tables in the dining room and, if necessary, bringing the menu to the guest. Duties may include work at the box office. It is not uncommon for this position to include tips.
The Deli / Market position is related to working in the market and covers duties such as: sorting goods, stocking shelves, cashier, delicatessen service, cleaning, etc.
Duties of a server are to take orders from guests, serve drinks and food. This position is characterized by low hourly rate because of high amount of tips.
Duties of a busser are to help a server by monitoring and cleaning the tables after guest’s departure, to prepare the table and utensils necessary for welcoming the following guests. This position usually includes tips.
Duties of a runner are loading carts for transporting food in buffets, transportation of food, preparation of spices, filling machines with hot water or ice when needed, working with food and storingit. Afoodrunneroftentakescareofthekitchen andmakessureit isclean,etc. This position usually includestips.
Duties of a dishwasher are washing the dishes, cleaning the kitchen and auxiliary rooms. BARTENDER
Duties of a bartender are working behind the bar in a bar or restaurant. They are responsible for mixing, preparing and serving drinks. This position requiresalot of experience.
Dutiesofapersonemployedinthebarbackaretohelpthebartender,tostoreandtakeout drinks, keep the bar clean,etc.
Duties of a person employed at the front desk include welcoming guests in a hotel, taking bookings, checking-in of guests and generally providing information to guests. This position requires averygoodknowledgeof English anditisusually characterized byahighhourlyrate.
Duties of a person employed at this position are carrying guests’ baggage when they enter or exitthe hotel. When not carrying thebaggage, thebell boy is expected towarmly welcome guests at the entrance to the hotel or lobby. This job can be difficult at times. Knowledge of other languages is useful but only to the extent to be able to warmly greet guests from different countries speaking differentlanguages.
Duties of a person employed at this position are daily maintenance of hotel rooms, as well as taking care of hygiene of the hotel in general.
COOK, PREP/LINE COOK
Duties of a person employed cook is to prepare various meals in the kitchen, whilethe prep/line cook is an assistant to the cook who washes, leans, slices and dices vegetables, prepares simple meals, etc.
Duties of a person employed -at this position are delivering orders to guests in the rooms.
Duties at this position are sale at various positions in markets or shops selling clothes, jewellery, ice creamorin restaurants at thecash register, while it is also necessary tocharge customers and assist customers asneeded.
Dutiesincludeworkinginlaundrydepartmentwhichincludeswashing,foldingandifnecessary, ironing towels and bed linens in hotels.
DURING THE WORKING HOURS THE STUDENT CAN WORK ON ANY OTHER POSITION APART FROM THEIR MAIN POSITION, AND THE EMPLOYER CAN CHARGE STUDENT’S MAIN POSITION DURING THE COURSE OF THE PROGRAM.
In the tradition of American culture, guests leave a tip of IS-20% of the total amount of the bill, and all guests behave in this way.
5 BIGGEST MYTHS ABOUT THE SUMMER WORK AND TRAVEL PROGRAM!!!
- GETTING A JOB AND GUARANTEE FOR THE JOB
Getting a job is within the authority of the employer / organizer and only they decide where the student will be employed. The agency cannot guarantee getting the desired job because the role of the agency is only as an intermediary.
If the student is guaranteed to get a specific location or job before application, be aware that this is just to persuade the student to apply for the program because after the application the student is
offered a location or work different from the guaranteed one; because of the cancellation costs and theinability ofchoose theother agency, the student is forced to accept any job.
- WORK AND TRAVEL PROGRAM IS A CULTURAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM, NOT A WORK PROGRAM
The aim of theprogram isgainingrichexperience improving English, gettingto know the culture, customs and ways of life, as well as making new friendships.
It is very important that students participate in cultural activities and gatherings organized by the employer /organizer. The program is supported by and under constant monitoring of the US government.
- TYPES OF JOBS AND LOCATIONS THAT PROVIDE INCOME, EXPERIENCE AND IMPROVING ENGLISH
The program is primarily designed for work in restaurants, supermarkets, hotels and small shops (pastry shops, stores, boutiques, bakeries, etc.). The best locations for the Summer Work and Travel program are smaII seasonal tourist places, locations that are tourist destinations throughout thewhole year and townsthat need for additional labor because ofthe lack of the local labor.
- EARNINGS DURING THE PROGRAM
The amount of money the student will earn and bring home depends only on the student and his/her abilities! Everythingisindividual andeverythingdependsonhowmuchonesaves, hat kindoflifestyle onehas andhow mucheffort and commitment onemakesforthejob.
- SECOND JOB AND OVERTIMEWORK
Getting a second job is crucial if student wants to make more money. For that reason is is very important to go tolocationsthat enable getting second jobs andto prepare well for such jobs!!!
Overtime work is carried out at some locations and with some employers, however after the 2009 economic crisis almost no employer pays overtime 1.5 times more (which was the case
beforethe crisis), rather the employers pay at regular hourly rate. NOBODYcan promisethe student exactly how many working hours he/she will do during their stay in the program, nor the exact definite earnings – it all depends on the student, his/hereffort, commitment and behavior at work and on the employer.
A unique offer in region, just with us – students pay only 290$ BEFORE VISA in two installments. The rest of the program price students pay AFTER THEY GET THEIR VISA!
Students should be mindful that some agencies advertise jobs on certain locations that in fact
such agencies do not have. As the result students are falsely induced to apply and make the payment. Also there are agencies that are not in Work and Travel programs at all, although they advertise such programs in their offers.
Please inform yourself, search for video uploads and information regarding organizing company from the USA that agencies cooperate with.
Some agencies also advertise that they have job fairs in Croatia, which is not the case. What theyoffer areinterviews for studentsbypersons that are notreallyemployers from the USA, or
theirrepresentatives. Please inform yourself, search for videouploads regarding job fairs and locations where they areorganized.
A special service on the program, offered only by DOMAGO, is assistance to students in finding accommodation in USA, for programs where accommodation is not included. We are the only Agency providing this type of service in the region, and this service saves a lot of time and money to students as compared to a situation when they can only rely on themselves.
ONLY WITH US
Ourpriceincludesthefourth monthofinsurance and incaseastudent doesnotgetvisa we keep $0! email:email@example.com
PROGRAM FEE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Heath insurance covering THE WHOLE STAY INTHE USA (INCLUDING THE FOURTH MONTH – special offer only in DOMAGO)
- Interview with the American employer via Skype
· Free English conversation classes. Preparation for:
- Job interview
- Interview at the Embassy
- Provision of accommodation that depends on the Employer
- Specialized English language course consisting of 5 lessons each lasting 60-90 minutes created according to the needs of the Program as a preparation for the Interviewwith the employer and at the Embassy, offered in cooperation with a licensed teacher from the USA.
- SEVIS (US Department of State Electronic Data Base for monitoring students), and application.
- A brochure containing all information related to the job and the place the student is supposed to stay (transport, banks, safety, accommodation, food, hospitals, places to go out…)
- Complete description of the job and preparation of candidates (for example, for the position of a food server, a candidate is to be given the instructions related the way of work, themenusintheUSA, treatingcustomers, theirdemands…)forworkinAmerica.
- Preparation of documentation, making appointments and complete preparation of students for the interview at the Embassy
- 24/7 support during the whole program, by the authorized sponsor/ organizing companies in the USA
- Orientation organization and full preparation for the program rules before departing for the USA. The candidate is obliged to attend.
PROGRAM FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Return plane ticket for the USA
- Passport visa costs forthe USA
- Accommodation fees during the stay in the USA, the students’ food, and transport costs after arriving in the USA, in case the chosen job does not include these categories
- In case the student cancels the program after applying for the program but before first communication with potential employer in America or with employment intermediary, the Agency shall keep USD350.
- In case the student cancels the program before applying for USA visa, but after having established first contact with potential employer in America or with employment intermediary, and the student receives, rejects or accepts proposed employment contract via e-mail or signs proposed contract in person in the Agency, the Agency shall keep USD 350;
- Incasethe student quitsbefore applying for USA visa, but after having singed contract with an employer, the Agency shall keep USD 350.
- In case the student is refused a visa and he/she does not fulfill the requirements from Paragraph 1, $350 shall be kept by the Agency (the candidate is required to deliver the DS- 2019 form tothe Agencyaftertheinterview at the American Embassy)
- In case the student cancels the program for any reason (even family reasons) after being issued the visa, no fee is refunded to the candidate.
- page 10 –
WE SINGLE OUT SOME OF OUR OFFERS:
TOP DESTINATION for program participants in the last five years.
This isnot an offer towork infishfactories but an offertowork inexclusive restaurants and hotels in the largest city in Alaska!
This city is a combination of luxurious metropolis and unexplored nature, which makes Anchorage an unforgettable destination. Anchorage is far more affordable in terms of living costs than many American cities as it does not have sales tax. With population of around
290.000 in 2010, Anchorage generated 73 thousand dollars of income per household.
Economic growth in this state is constant and is to a great level, unaffected by financial crisis. Local economy has always relied on surrounding natural resources. The largest exports of Alaska are oil, natural gas and sea food…
Tourism is one of the leading sectors of economy in Alaska and the need for labor in this sector is great. Alaska is one of those states that must be visited at least once a year. Temperatures during summer time are pleasant and Anchorage offers all the features that other big US cities have.
Only in Anchorage – there are over 60 hotels and more than 150 restaurants!
Job positions are in prestigious hotels such as Hilton, Marriot, as well as in famous restaurants.
The first stop on the hike to natural beauties and wilderness of Alaska. The town is full of tourist attractions such as rafting and salmon fishing, as well as ballooning, that provide a possibility to visit untouchednature far away from urban dwellings. Moose Dropping Festival is an interesting two- day event where, among an array of sport activities, participants bet on the number of moose droppingsthatwouldhitthetargetwhendroppedfromahelicopter.
Fairbanks isthe second largest cityin Alaska, after Anchorage. It has 52,000 inhabitants and is home to the Universityof Alaska. The city isonlytwo-hourdrive from Denali National Park and is a favorite stop from many tourists. The city of Fairbanks has 20 hotels, motels, and bed and breakfast, and some190
STUDENTS EMPLOYED IN RESTAURANTS AND HOTELS IN ALASKA HOLD THE FOLLOWING JOBS:
- HOSTESS – HOURLY RATE$10.34-12
- BUSSER- HOURLY RATE $ 10.34-12 + TIPS ($50-100 ON AVERAGE PER DAY)
- FAST FOOD – HOURLY RATE $10.34-12
- DISHWASHER – HOURLY RATE$10.34-13
- PREPCOOK-HOURLYRATE$10.34-14 6.HOUSEMAN – HOURLY RATE $10.34-13 7.HOUSEKEEPING – HOURLY RATE $10.34-12
COST OF ACCOMMODATION IN ALASKA IS BETWEEN
WE PROVIDE ASSISTANCE
– page 11 –
DenaliisoneofthemostpopularplacesforstudentsonWork&Travel programasit offers a lot of working hours as well as other benefits in terms of meals and affordable accommodation. In summer timeitis oneofthefivemost visitedcitesamongAmerican and Canadian tourists.
About Denali, Alaska:
Denali covers six million acres and includes forests, alpine tundra, snow-covered mountains, including the highest peak in North America – Mount McKinley – 6168m. Today, more than 400,000 tourists visit thepark toenjoy and observe wild animals, tohike, etc.
Averagetemperatein Julyand Augustintheparkis around18oC. Why work in Denali National Park?
- You get accommodation and three meals a day for $15
- Plenty of opportunities for employees to have fun – rafting, hiking, cycling, sport tournaments, travelto surrounding towns, sport facilities for employees
- One of the prettiest places on the planet.
Companies in Denali:
- Aramark is the leading provider of professional HORECA services with over 255 employeesin countries across the world. Located 10 km from the entrancetothepark, on the bank of Nenana River, McKinley Village Lodge covers over 20 acres and offers an opportunity to visitors to explore and enjoy the beauties of Denali National Park. An ideal place for families with their own vehicles.
- Work for one of the largest tour operators in Alaska, that own numerous hotels throughout Alaska, Princess Cruses, Holland America transportation company. Students have an opportunity to work on several locations and the employer gives possibilities for employing couples and smaller groups.
- Denali Visions 3000 is one of the largest companies in Alaska. They own numerous hotels, and restaurants…
WHY WORK FOR ALASKA COLLECTION, DENALI BACKCOUNTRY LODGE, KANTISHNA,
- EXCELLENT HOURLY RATE –$10.34-12!
- SMALL GROUPS OF FRIENDS ARE WELCOMED TO APPLY FOR JOBS!
- EMPLOYER PROVIDES FREEOF CHARGE TRANSPORTATION TOWORK.
- EMPLOYER PROVIDES FREEOF CHARGE ACCOMMODATION ANDMEALS!
A federal state located in the New England region in the northeastern United States. Beautiful sandy beaches attract a large number of tourists during the summer months, and in addition, hunting, fishing, yachting and the like are very popular. Let the temperature rise in the range of 22 to 28 degrees, whichmakes this regionidealforrecreational activities andrecreation. Tourism is a very developed industry in this country and brings in over 5 billion dollars a year. Students have the opportunity to work in luxury hotels on Mount Dessert Island, which is locatedin Acadia National Park and this island is visited byover 3.5 million tourists everyyear. Students can work at the popular Boothbay Harbor Resort. Other cities where students can work are Southwest Harbor, Bar Harbor, East Boothbay, Southport and Kennebunkport.
For years the island has been in the very top of tourist offer in USA and a destination where numerous celebrities, renowned professionals, people from the highest business and diplomatic circles, spend their summers. The president of the United States and high government officials are regular visitors during summer holidays. This fact alone speaks of the safety on theisland.
Is a peninsula in the shape of an arm located in the Easter part of Massachusetts. Cape Cod is located immediately next to Martha’s Vineyard, which is only 45 minutes away by a ferry. It is know for miles and miles of sand beaches, natural attractions and a great number of restaurants and hotelsthat are frequented bytourists. The peninsula is agreat place toget an additional job.
Nantucket Islandislocated some 30 milesfromthecoast of Cape Codandisapopular elite tourist destinationandsummer colonyknown,alongwithMartha’sVineyard,forthemost expensive real estate in America, as has been confirmed by the Forbes magazine. Nantucket is an island where the wind perfectly grooms the beaches, where every lighthouse is picture perfect and for many it leaves an impression of aperfect tourist destination.
THE ISLANDS HAVE GREAT NUMBER OF RESTAURANTS, HOTELS, AND SHOPS THAT HAVEAGREATNEED FORWORKFORCEDURINGSUMMERTIME.DURINGTHEIR STAYONTHEISLANDS,STUDENTSFIND
STUDENTS EMPLOYED INRESTAURANTS AND HOTELS ON THEISLANDS HOLD THE FOLLOWING JOBS:
- HOSTESS – HOURLY RATE $12.50 – $15
- BUSSER – HOURLY RATE $6.15-$9 + TIPS ($50-100 ON AVERAGE PER DAY)
- FOOD RUNNER– HOURLY RATE$6.15-$9 + TIPS ($40-80 ON AVERAGE PERDAY)
- BAR BACK– HOURLY RATE $6.15-$9 + TIPS ($70-100 ON AVERAGE PER DAY)
- DISHWASHER– HOURLY RATE $13 – $15
- PREP COOK– HOURLY RATE $13 – $16
- HOUSEMAN– HOURLY RATE $12.50 – $15
- HOUSEKEEPING– HOURLY RATE $12.50 – $14
COST OF ACCOMMODATION IS BETWEEN
This state is located on the Atlantic Ocean and is surrounded by Massachusetts and Connecticut.Anothernameforthisstateisthe Ocean State,becauseof alargenumberof baysand sounds that form its landscape. Very warm summers and beautiful cities attract great number of tourists everyyear. Coastal city of Newport is averypopular tourist destination, and this city has the longest beach in the state. A large hotel group / Newport Hotel Group is located in this town which has hotels along the entire Eastern coast.
A popular resort in the Maryland where the number of visitors during the summer reaches 350 thousand on the weekends, while annually 8 million tourists visit the city. With its beaches, long boardwalks, numerous, excellent seafood restaurants all attract families that enjoy the rich offers of this city. It is sufficient to mention that the city has 100 hotels and 350 restaurants that offer an abundance of seasonal jobs…
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
Hilton Head Islandislocated in South Carolina. It hasapopulation of 33 thousand andisa popular summer destination for tourists, generating an income of over USD 1.5 billion for local economy through many hotels and restaurants. During the summer holiday season the number of visitors reaches 300thousand.
BALD HEAD ISLAND
Bold Head Island is located on the Atlantic coast in the state of North Carolina, on the estuary of the River Cape Fear into the Atlantic Ocean. The island is an ecological oasis in itself. Bold Head Island is known for its untouched nature and the oldest lighthouse in the state which dates back to 1817. With 20 km of sand beaches and golf courses, this destination is an ideal place for rest.
STUDENTS EMPLOYED IN RESTAURANTS AND HOTELS HOLD THE FOLLOWING JOBS:
- HOSTESS – HOURLY RATE$11-$13
- BUSSER – HOURLY RATE $3.63-$8 + TIPS ($50-100 ON AVERAGE PER DAY)
- FOOD RUNNER– HOURLY RATE $5-$8 + TIPS ($40-80 ON AVERAGE PERDAY)
- BAR BACK– HOURLY RATE $5-$8 + TIPS ($70-100 ON AVERAGE PER DAY)
- DISHWASHER– HOURLY RATE $11 – $13
- PREP COOK– HOURLY RATE $11 – $13
- HOUSEMAN– HOURLY RATE $11-$13
- HOUSEKEEPING– HOURLY RATE$10-$13
COST OF ACCOMMODATION IS BETWEEN
Ahistoricface ofthe UnitedStates of America. Theimportance ofthistownisevident from the very fact that it has several hundred educational institutions, among which are Harvard and MIT, asthemost famous. Also famous “Boston Tea Party” took place in this city, whiched marked the start of the American Revolution and protestby Britishcolonist thatdestroyed innumerouscases withteaas aresponse topolitical upheavalinthe 18th century.
In contrast to the urban NEW YORK CITY – the reminder of the state mainly consists of rivers, forests, lakes and mountains. Dozens of places are filled with tourists during the summer as they offer to tourists a diverse attractions of this state.
Known as “The Queen of American Lakes” is a long lake stretched out in the North part of New York. Although the population of the town is very small throughout the year, the number of residents swells to over 50,000 duringthesummerasaresultofnumerous visitors.
Oneofthemost prestigiouslocationsonthe East coast. The famous Hampton isamagnet for the super rich class of the American society. It is located in the state of New York, close to the city withthe same name. Southampton offers greatpossibilities for employment as well as for leisurein one of themost popular holiday destinations in the world.
Known for its countrytourism and historic baseball players, residents of Cooperstown live a life in the center of one of the most popular states. A large number of historic monuments and natural reserves simultaneously offers urban and quite rest, which is very popular with the Americans.
State on the north east of USA. It borders with Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine and it lays on the Atlantic Ocean.
The capital is Concord, butthe biggest city is Manchester. It’s 5th smallest state in the USA and it’s one of the states that has no sales taxes. It has a large number of lakes and summer houses which makes this state interesting for tourists.
Some ofthepopular destinations are North Conway whichhas moretha 80 restaurants and 20 hotels. Portsmouth has almost 200 restaurants and Hampton Beach more than 100 restaurants.
RESTAURANT AND HOTEL JOBS OFFERED
HOURLY RATE $10-13
– page 15-
NEW JERSEY CAPE MAY
Located on the South most tip of New Jersey, the beaut of Cape May have been confirmed by a recognition it has received from the Travel Channel as one of the ten most beautiful American beaches last year. A lighthouse with 199 steps is both a tourist attraction and a guardian of the Cape May coast that keeps the vagabonds from passing into the Delaware Bay.
The city is located on the ocean front, hence its name. The Travel Channel rated Ocean City as the Best Family Beach in 2005. In 2009 it was voted the best beach in the state. Most revenuesare generatedfromtourismandmostinvestmentsgointothisbranch.Theboardwalk is 4 km long and is one of the best known parts of the city and one of the most famous boardwalks in the world. The city has several amusement parks that attract visitors from surrounding areas.
Thenickname”America’s FavoritePlayground” speaks volumes aboutthiscity, locatedinthe southern part of New Jersey, known for its famous promenade, casinos, shopping, bars and beaches. One of themainattractionsof AtlanticCityistheSteelPier-asteeldockwithan amusement park opened in1898.
It is located on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful, long, sandy beaches attract a large numberoftouristseveryyear. Althoughthiscitydoesnot have morethanathousand inhabitants throughout the year, the population exceeds 20 thousand inhabitants during the summer months. Students have the opportunityto work at the luxury resort of The Reeds and hourly rates are over $ 12.
Located in South Carolina, representing a nexus of connected beaches called Grant Strand. Myrtle Beach is one of the biggest tourist centers in the US due to its subtropical climate and long sandy beaches that attract over 14 million visitors per year. This artificial island has a population of 27 thousand. Myrtle Beach is home to many conventions, music concerts and similar events. Nearby attractions include golf courses, beaches, several amusement parks, aquarium and over 1900 restaurants. It is estimated that the surrounding area has 460 hotels, many of them on the ocean front. Nearby Myrtle Waves is home to one of the largest water amusement parks on the Each Coast oftheUS. The boardwalk was openedin 2010andis rated 3rd on the list of the best boardwalk in the US by National Geographic. Area surrounding Myrtle Beach is the largest shopping area in South Carolina.
– page16- Onlyforstudents.Usetheopportunity.
City and county of Denver are the most populous in the state of Colorado, Denver being the state’s capital. It is located in the valley of river South Platte on High Plains east from Front Range of the South Rocky Mountains. The Central District, the heart of the city, is located on the spot where the Cherry Creek joins the South Platte River.
Denver has over 200 parks and is considered to be one of the prettiest cities in the US with over 600,000 residents. It has averyfavorable climatewith over 300 days of sunshine per year. Denver ranks second among the cities whose residents have college degrees. Denver is home todozens of hotelsandhundredsofrestaurantsandoffersanarrayoffunactivities.
Hourly rates for Summer Work and Travel Program are between $9-14.
Boulder is located south from the capital city of Denver and is on the edge of the Rocky Mountains. The Boulder Creek Path is 16-mile long bicycle trail, also frequented by roller and board skaters, or people that like to spend their free time on long summer walks. Boulder has more bookstores and libraries per capita than any other place in the state. During the summer the city is host to the Shakespeare Festival held at the theatre under the open sky – Mary Rippon Theatre locatedintheheartoftheBoulderUniversity. Studentshavetheopportunityto workin the Millennium Hotel that covers 16 acres of beautiful surroundings in the very center of popular student campus, whichlookspicture perfect all yearround. Hotel millennium has
269 guest rooms and suites and offers conference rooms. Students may work at different jobs for hourly rates between $13-14.
Very popular winter tourist center. It is located in the Rocky Mountains within the state of Colorado. Due to its altitude and untouched nature, it is averypopular tourist destination during thesummer season,where alargenumberoftouristscometotakeshelterfromthe great heat and enjoy the fresh air. It certainly provides a lot of fun activities with which you can complete your free time.
17- With usyou are one step ahead ofeverybodyelse!
MICHIGAN TRAVERSE CITY
A town of 15,000 residents is the largest producer of cherries in the US and home to the National Cherry Festival, frequented by over 500 thousand visitors every year. Traverse City and its surroundings have numerous attractions – beautiful sandy beaches, vineyards, forests… as a result in 2012 TripAdvisor website listed it asthe second in the category of smaller tourist town in the US. It has over 270 restaurants and 40 hotels, many art galleries, bars and shops.
Mackinac Islandisanisland and acity in the state of Michigan. Attheendof 19th centuryit became a very popular tourist destination for American upper class. Today it is well known and often visited destination. The island has ban on motor vehicles so all traffic is done on bicycles or on horse and carriage or on foot. Over 80% of the island is protected and is part of Mackinac Island National
Wyoming is a landlocked state in the South West of the US, with the smallest population and the breathtaking natural beauty It has two national parks, plenty of historical monuments and natural reserves. Wyoming is the first state that granted women suffrage initiating the revolution in America.
– page 18-
GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK
An ideal location for all nature-loving students, Grand Canyon is one of the most often visited tourist destinationsintheworld.Withoverfivemillionvisitstotheparkinasingleyear.
WHY WORK IN THE GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK?
- You work in one of themost beautiful resorts – “Forever Resorts” in Grand Canyon
- Employer provides accommodation for only $84 per week
- Three FREE meals are included in the price of accommodation
- Daily FREE ride to and from work
- Employer organizes various cultural events and tourist sightseeing trips of the park, movie nights, barbecue, hangouts…
- HOUSEKEEPER: (job duties are everyday cleaning of hotel rooms and keepingthe whole hotel area clean)
HOURLY WAGE: 12-13$
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE WORKER – job in a restaurant ( preparing food and drinks, serving guests, working at the cash register )
HOURLY WAGE: 12-13$
“Big Sky Country”, “The Treasure State” are just some of the phrases used to describe Montana. Tourismis thefastestgrowing business whichisconfirmed bythe fact thatover one milliontouristsvisit the Glacier National Park, Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument and Yellowstone National Park. Montana offers visitors different types of recreational activities throughouttheyear:camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, cycling, golf, skiing, horseriding, etc.
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK
- Spend the summer working at the largest national part in the world that spreads over three states (Wyoming, Montana and Idaho). Onlyhandful ofplaces intheworldmay offervisitors somuchnaturalbeautyandlandscapeasthisPark.Ithasmorethan three million visitors peryear.
WHY WORK IN YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK?
- You work at a renowned Holiday Inn hotel
- Couples and groups of 4 friends are welcomed when applying for a job
- Employer provides accommodation for only $55 per week
- Employees have organized shopping tours in the nearby towns Bozeman, MT and Jackson, as well astourist visitsto the Yellowstone National Park, the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center and IMAX cinema.
- HOUSEKEEPER: (job duties are everyday cleaning of hotel rooms and keepingthe whole hotel area clean)
HOURLY WAGE: 10-12$
- SERVERASSISTANT – helping servers (helps serversbycleaningtables after guestleave and preparing tables and silverware of the next guests)
HOURLY WAGE: 8.75$ + TIPS
ACCOMMODATION DURING YOUR STAY ON THE PROGRAM
Accommodation in the US is very difficult to find for a 3-4 month period, that is for the duration ofthe Work and Travel Program since veryfew landlords leasepropertyfor such a short period of time. In US accommodation is usually rented for a period of one year by signing a contract and making a deposit equal to three-months rent (first and last monthly rent and one rent as safety deposit).
The second unfortunate circumstance is that a great number of landlords do not want to rent out to students because they had previous bad experience (damage to accommodation, poor hygiene, unpaid rent). For all these reasons accommodation for a shorter period of time is always more expensive than half-year or longer rent! At locations such as Martha’s Vineyards and Anchorage itisimpossible tofindaccommodation withoutpayinggreat sums of money inadvance.
Also, students are not in position to pay more than $150-200 per week for accommodation, which is extremely low rent as the rent across US is much higher! These problems are common in manytourist destinations across USA which LIMITS the number of available houses, apartments and hostels in top locations.
Accommodation for students is EXTREMELY MODEST (rooms, apartments, houses, motels). Numberof students per accommodation vary depending on the room size, number of beds and rooms in apartments/houses, etc. Bunkedbeds, folding beds, beds for twopersons, inflatable mattresses, are just some ofthe options. Dependingonthelocation wherethe student is going, accommodation may befullyfurnished, half furnished not furnished.